People with a sedentary lifestyle are often facing problems that could have been easily prevented if they had sufficient physical activity. For example, the gluteal muscles can become sore and atrophied when you sit all day. These muscles are very important because they play a crucial role in supporting your spine, stabilizing your pelvis, and maximizing the strength of your legs. Just by strengthening your glutes, you will increase the strength of your whole body and improve posture, which is beneficial for running and high-intensity sports. In addition to this, strong glutes also help prevent injuries.
HOW TO DEVELOP STRONGER GLUTES?
You can strengthen your glutes with the following 5 exercises which will take only 15 minutes of your day. We recommend you to perform them 5 times per week.
1. WEIGHTED BRIDGE
- Lay on your back, and bend your knees with your feet flat on the ground. Place your feet in a parallel position to your knees.
- Put a light dumbbell on your hips and start raising them off the ground by tightening your glutes, thighs, and abs (if you are a beginner, you can perform the exercise without the dumbbell).
- Lower the body to the starting position, but make sure that your hips are still slightly above the ground.
- Repeat the exercise 15 times in three series.
- Stand up straight with legs at hips width apart.
- Step forward with your right leg and bend your knee at 90 degrees.
- Stay in this position for 5 seconds, then pull the leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise with your left leg.
- It is recommended to perform three series of this exercise with 20 repetitions with each leg.